Hello all friends and family. I know it is about time I posted on our blog. I just wanted to say a quick hello and let my friends and family know that I'm still alive and things are going well.
Jay and I have been in the same Houston apartment for a year and a half now. It is really exciting. Our apartment is about 5 minutes away from the heart of downtown Houston. This city is huge, especially to a pacific northwest girl like myself. Jay is working in the bankruptcy department at a law firm downtown and going to school. He has decided that he wants to be a lawyer. I know it will be a long road but I also know he would be a great lawyer... I never win our arguments. :) Just kidding, but seriously, he seems to be very passionate in his pursuit and I do think he would enjoy being a lawyer. He is working very hard but always seems to have time to make me feel loved, appreciated and special. He is a blessing. (You hear that baby? I love the poo out of you! )
I am currently the reading teacher for grades 6-8 at Project Chrysalis Middle School. It is an inner city charter school in the Houston ISD. We struggle with funding and being understaffed, over stretched but I love teaching at this school. The students are amazing. I just have so many good kids in my classes, not just intelligent but good people who are caring and considerate about the world around them. These are qualities that seem to be increasingly scarce among our country's youth (I blame MTV), so I feel so blessed to witness them in such abundance. Recently the 8th grade student I teach took their yearly state standardized test for reading and 100% of the student passed. In addition 70% of them scored 90% or better and 2 students earned perfect scores! I was so proud of them.
I guess, in summation, my life is currently fuller, more stressful and more challenging then it has ever been and God has revealed Himself to me in ways I never imagined. I feel his strength growing in me as I am challenged and molded into the person He needs me to be. I also feel the many prayers that I know have been sent up for me. Thank you all. I love you!
God Bless,
mary
p.s. Okay, and just because I know you all are curious... no babies anytime soon. We are, however, considering adopting a kitty. Any name suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jackson Christian (11-4-08)
Jackson Christian (11-13-08)
He's getting a bit bigger....
Jackson Christian (1-07-09)
Getting Bigger....
Jackson Christian 2-16-09
He is growing... and so is mom. It's almost time!
4 comments:
Well hello from Alaska! It is so VERY good to hear from you! This "blogging" world is great! I love seeing pictures of you and your family. You look so great, and very happy. Take care, and God bless!
Love, Melissa
Mary, it's great to hear how you are and how much God is blessing and working in you. It's also funny to think back to our 1st/2nd grade Sunday school teaching days and then look at us today - both teaching. Your husband seems like a great guy. My only question is, how in the world did you end up in Houston?
Love you much!
Kim
hi Mary, I miss you and can't wait to see you this summer. I'm glad you and Jay are doing good. It feels like I don't know you anymore but I love you like a sister. We should get coffee this summer in AK and catch up. Love ya! Wende
Hey Mary Girl!
Scott and I just got to see Sally and Jadyn last night at Tindall's house. Wow! Jadyn is getting so old, and she is so beautiful! So is Sally...we are so happy for her! Well, we just wanted to say "hi" and hope all is going well down there in TEXAS!
Thank Jay for us. It is great that he started a blog for you guys so we could get updated. (Well, sort of updated--It is July!)
Love,
Scott and Korri
Post a Comment