Thursday, March 26, 2009

He's Here!

Okay, so I'm writing this in retro. Jackson Ted Christian actually arrived 5 weeks ago on February 19, 2009 (which is my mom's birthday). My delivery experience was amazing. We had this wonderful nurse who quickly picked up on the fact that neither me nor my husband had the slightest idea what was going on nor the slightest idea what to expect. She took the lead and was a great comfort. I was admitted and tucked into my hospital bed at about 11:00am. My contractions were about 5 min. apart and I was 3cm dilated. At 1:30 I was complete and ready to push... just as my epidural kicked in, perfect timing. :) I pushed for about 30 min and then Jackson was born!

It is amazing being a mom. I love it so much. Sadly, my maternity leave is fast fading and I will be back to work. It's hard to imagine not being here for Jackson every moment he needs me... so I just don't think about it. When the day comes I'll go. Until then, I'm 100% mom and wife. Fortunately, once I go back to work my mother-in-law will be moving in with us and providing daycare. I feel so blessed to not have to leave my new baby with a stranger. So thank you Rosetta!

Well, I'll try (as I always say) to keep up with this blog. For now, enjoy the pictures, and thank you to those of you who sent cards, gifts and your love.



Now 1 month old. Time is passing too quickly!

For all the Rice Alumni



Just chillin' with daddy... Jay is a wonderful father.



1st day on Earth and already he's found his thumb.

1 comment:

The Litke's said...

Mary ~ the pictures are adorable, and I'm so happy for you becoming a mother, and enjoying it so much. What a joy for you and Jay. Congrats, and hope to see you soon. Any plans for a trip up this way???

Love, Melissa

Jackson Christian (11-4-08)

Jackson Christian (11-4-08)

Jackson Christian (11-13-08)

Jackson Christian (11-13-08)
He's getting a bit bigger....

Jackson Christian (1-07-09)

Jackson Christian (1-07-09)
Getting Bigger....

Jackson Christian 2-16-09

Jackson Christian 2-16-09
He is growing... and so is mom. It's almost time!